[Users] USB Connected GNSS and Grid shift files

Dean Turnbull wilddogfarm at outlook.com
Sat Nov 6 17:38:34 PDT 2021

Hello, apologies if I am not using the user help system correctly.  I am trying to use the Grid Shift facility in QField to record Orthometric elevation using a USB connected external GNSS aerial and have placed the Geoid file in the suggested QField/Proj folder on the mobile device.  I can not get QField to recognize the Geoid to adjust elevation whatever I do.  I have posted this question and have it documented at:  https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/414577/qfield-elevation-receives-ellipsoidal-elevation-only-from-trimble-catalyst-da1-v?noredirect=1#comment674176_414577

If there is any further documentation or suggestions to make this work, that would be great.  If there is any potential to sponsor a solution that would also be great to discuss.

Again, apologies to all if I am not using the forum correctly - I am new to this but really enjoy using QField for data collection.

Many thanks

Regards

NEGC P/L