[Users] QField and value relation widget

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sun Jan 10 10:36:46 PST 2021

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the project you sent me. It's an interesting constellation. The
"value map widget" inside contains a reference to nonexistent layer ids, so
it cannot find the layers by their ids. QGIS has some magic tricks it does
in such cases to find the layer through a backup plan by their names and
other properties. I just integrated a patch into QField that does the same.

If you get the chance to test the resulting apk in here, that would be
great.
https://github.com/opengisch/QField/pull/1589

What I am unable to answer is how this happened in the first place.
Thanks for supporting the QField development!

Matthias