[Users] QField and value relation widget

Paul Losse paul.losse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 01:50:48 PST 2021

Dear all,

I'm having a couple of issues with the Value Relation widget in QField:

I have used the widget to create cascading drop down lists. Using
shapefiles, these work well in both QGIS and QField. However if I use
the Geopackage format, the dropdown lists work fine in QGIS but not in
QField. The files transfer without a problem but the dropdown lists do
not appear when tapping on them. Any solutions to this issue? I have
used the QFieldSync plugin to transfer files. Lookup only files are
copied, files that are edited are transferred as 'offline editing'.

The second problem is that dropdown entries are listed in alphabetical
order for only the first five entries in QField. After that, they are
listed in entry order. In QGIS, entries continue to appear in
alphabetical order. Can this be rectified?

Many thanks

Paul