[Users] Pack for QField greyed out

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Apr 27 22:52:28 PDT 2021

Hi Martin,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 6:35 PM Martin Weis via Users <
users at lists.qfield.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I cannot pack a project for qfield, since the entry is disabled/greyed out.
> It may be that I opened a packed one (the project name is set and
> contains _qfield) and saved that as qgz.
> Export options are OK, as far as I can see (lots of things not going
> into export).
> Can a certain layer or setting be the culprit?
> I currently have created a new project, from where export to qfield is
> possible after moving layers into it.

It sounds like you already did the analysis of the issue:
A project that has already been packaged for QField cannot be packaged
again.
Therefore, when the current project is an already packaged project the
package button is disabled.

If you have lost the main project and want to make this one the new main
project.
You can create a new project with the layers you want to keep.
Or you can try to call this from the python console:
`QgsProject.instance().removeEntry('OfflineEditingPlugin',
'/OfflineDbPath')` (just a guess, completely untested).

> * is it possible to work on with qfield projects in qgis in general?

Yes, it is possible to work on packaged qfield projects in QGIS in general
and e.g. modify project settings before working on them with QField. In
this case no second package operation is needed.

> * Is it possible to get a hint what is blocking export?

See above.

Matthias