[Users] No sync geopackage raster layer to QFIELD

Emilio Abad Vidal emilio.abad.vidal at cesga.gal
Tue Jan 14 09:23:15 PST 2020

Hi, I have a problem with exporting raster layers stored in a geopackage, to a QFIELD project.

I work with version 3.4.12 of QGIS and I have version 3.5.1 of QFIELD Sync installed.

The process I follow is as follows:

1º I convert a TIF image into a layer of a geopackage

gdal_translate --config OGR_SQLITE_SYNCHRONOUS OFF -co APPEND_SUBDATASET=YES -co RASTER_TABLE:foto -co TILE_FORMAT=PNG_JPEG -tr 0.5 0.5 -a_srs EPSG:25829 -of GPKG foto.tif geopackage01.gpkg

2º I build the pyramids of the image

gdaladdo --config OGR_SQLITE_SYNCHRONOUS OFF -r AVERAGE geopackage01.gpkg:foto 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256

3º I save the QGIS project, and activate the QFIELD Sync plug-in in the project synchronization configuration options. In the layers list, the one within the geopackage, has the option of no action and does not allow it to be included in the project that will be used by QFIELD.

I think the statements used to create the geopackage are correct, as it does not give any error in QGIS. If I load the original layer in TIF, I can synchronize it without problem. It does not happen to me with a layer only, but it is with any raster that I load from geopackage.

Can anyone have any idea what can happen?

Thanks for the attention

Emilio