[Users] QField 1.0 Release Candidate 1 is out!

Marco Bernasocchi marco at opengis.ch
Wed Jan 9 00:15:25 PST 2019

Dear QField community,

It was a long and winding road but we are very excited to announce the
General availability of QField 1.0 Release Candidate 1.

Packed with loads of useful features like online and offline features
digitizing, geometry and attributes editing, attribute search, powerful
forms, theme switching, GPS support, camera integration and much more,
QField is the powerful tool for those who need to edit on the go and
would like to avoid standing in the swamp with a laptop or paper charts.

With a slick user interface, QField allows using QGIS projects on
tablets and mobile devices. Thanks to the QGIS rendering engine, the
map-results are identical and come with the full range of styling
possibilities available on our beloved QGIS desktop and server.

We ask you to help us test as much as possible this Release Candidate so
that we can iron out as many bugs as possible before the final release
of QField 1.0. You can easily install QField using the playstore
(http://qfield.org/get), find out more on the documentation site
(http://qfield.org) and report problems to our issues tracking system
(http://qfield.org/issues)

QField, like QGIS, is an open source project. Everyone is welcome to
contribute to making the product even better - whether it is with
financial support, enthusiastic programming, translation and
documentation work or visionary ideas.

If you want to help us build a better QField don’t hesitate to contact us.

On behalf of the whole OPENGIS.ch team,
Cheers
Marco

--