[Users] QField for mapping Freetown's water Network

Alexandre SIGE ad.sige at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 08:57:06 PST 2017

Dear Marco, Matthias, and QField development team,

I’m Alexandre Duclaux, a french GIS expert leading Sige, a GIS specialized firm in Morocco.

First I would like to congratulate you for this project which has no equivalent in the open source world as far as I know.

I made the choice for QField for an ambitious data collection project but I’m now facing some important bugs on basic functions Which are damageable for my project.
I need some urgent solutions to the following issues and Would like to know what is the best way to work together on it :

- Updated data are synchronized for only one layer ! The first layer in alphabetical order. No problem for added or deleted features. But attribute updates are not synchronized for other layers.
If it works for one layer, it should work for all, no ? Issue reported on Github here : https://github.com/opengisch/QField/issues/176 <https://github.com/opengisch/QField/issues/176>
For now, we renamed and updating the a_pipe layer only. We asked investigators to create new features in all other layers, on top of a merged existing points layer…
Works for now. But we are not able to update data.

- QField crashes while taking a photo with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. We started to work with small Samsung A 2016 tabs for tests and training. Then, following the contractual requirements, we bought some brand new expensive Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. We can not use them because QField crashes each time we want to take a picture.
We saw that this bug appears randomly on several devices and Android versions but in our case, the use of these devices is contractual and the system memory on A tabs is so small !
https://github.com/opengisch/QField/issues/53 <https://github.com/opengisch/QField/issues/53>

- No data displays when I’m trying to use the Map theme function.
Reported on Github here : https://github.com/opengisch/QField/issues/175 <https://github.com/opengisch/QField/issues/175>

I’m involved in the open source movement (OpenStreetMap Africa), I know how it works. I would be happy to contribute to the QField project.
Any feed back will be appreciated.

Best regards,
—
Alexandre Duclaux - Directeur
Sige | Solutions géographiques immersives

www.sig-environnement.com <http://www.sig-environnement.com/>
Bureau + 212 5 37 65 91 09
Mobile Maroc: + 212 6 61 17 16 38
Mobile France: +33 7 69 10 88 89
32 Rue Ouled Ziane, Aviation, Rabat, Maroc Plan OSM <http://osm.org/go/b4oZYrEhv--?layers=N&m=>, Gmaps <https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Sige,+Soci%C3%A9t%C3%A9+d'ing%C3%A9nierie+g%C3%A9omatique+et+environnementale/@33.992439,-6.8260357,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0xda76b6f50462d31:0xbf5c0d2cc4e237bc!8m2!3d33.992439!4d-6.823847>
Pour plus d'efficacité, nous consultons généralement nos e-mails à 11H et 16H. Pour les sujets urgents, merci de nous contacter par téléphone.