[Users] Possible improvements in QField

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sun May 28 21:31:32 PDT 2017

Hi Paolo,

On 5/24/17 5:16 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a few requests from users:
>
> * when clicking on "Back", one could exit the app, possibly also loosing
> data: can this be prevented somehow?
Yeah, this is really annoying, we would love to have a day or two of
time to look into this.

> * moving on a small screen is more difficult than on a desktop one; a
> button that goes back to the initial (project) extent could thus be useful
As in "zoom to layer", "zoom to project" ...?
> * an additional digitizing mode could be to lock the digitizing position
> to the current GPS position, so the user cannot inadvertently entering
> unvisited places
In the pipeline
> * (less important) is it possible to save a track directly inside QF?
Connected followup to the previous one but not yet scheduled.
> * adding proprietary (Google, Bing, etc.) layers using the API key, so
> to be safer from a licensing point of view, and more futureproof
That should go into the XYZ provider (so it's a QGIS improvement
actually), correct?
> * would it be possible to cache the web services (WMS, possibly others)?
XYZ provider layers should already be cached automatically.
For WMS this is a bit trickier because imagery is rendered exactly for a
given extent and not for tiles.
So this should be an additional option to treat WMS and request tiles.

> Is someone interested in some of these? Is someone already working on
> it, or planning to?
We will be happy to hear if others would be interested in some of these
improvements.
> Thanks for feedback.
Thanks for raising this!
Matthias