[Users] Documentation gaps? - first steps? Add / Save layers ?

Florian Reimer florian.reimer.gissolution at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 12:19:41 PDT 2017

Dear QField users,

using QGIS since years and now wanting to use Qfield on my Android 6
device. I love the idea to have an app integrated for field mapping. So far
I had not much success with QField.

Understand that the app cannot create projects but only open projects
transferred to device? Fine, done.

I was able to open a project. I was unable to open the layers I had
included in the project and transferred to device as well.

Therefore questions:
1. How can I open existing (vector) layers in QField?
2. Can I use OpenLayers PlugIn for map background?
3. How can I save points created? So far I am seeing a lot of very white
screens but though I design shapes and hit the SAVE button nothing of this
seems to be save somewhere.

Generally I think I am a bit lost because I am missing 'Add layer' or
"Create New Layer" and cannot find such points in the documentation.

If there is a simple walk through that starts with a simple project I
appreciate the link as I could not find to so in documentation. Also
forward of previous similar discussion appreciated.

thank you and best
Florian